Last evening, a fire broke out in the residence of Bengali filmstar Prosenjit Chatterjee’s house in the Ballygunge Place area of Kolkata that was generated from sudden sparks inside the kitchen chimney. The actor himself “escaped narrowly”.
The incident took place around 10:00pm when Tollywood superstar Prosenjit was chatting with his friends over the tea table, our Kolkata correspondent reports quoting authorities.
They noticed smoke coming from the kitchen and within minutes the fire spread to the house. On information, fire fighters reached the scene and doused the flames in half-an-hour.
Fire department officials said four tenders were rushed to the actor’s house, Utsab, after smoke was seen billowing out of the kitchen. “The fire, which originated from the kitchen, was doused in 30 minutes. Preliminary investigation indicate that there might be a spark in the chimney, which led to the fire.
The actor later on said he and his close friends, was having a social gathering over cups of steaming hot coffee when the fire started. Almost immediately it was informed was sought from fire brigades and there were no reports of any injuries.
According to Bumbada, his house has always been fire-resistant and fire-proof. However, the fire department is investigating the incident to know the exact reason.